Epos Tape Original Kinesiology Tape
Availability: In stock
Original Kinesiology Tape by Epos Tape At Relaxus UK
The Original Kinesiology Tape by Epos Tape is an elasticated adhesive strip, which provides dynamic support for injuries and other painful conditions. Popular with professional and amateur athletes, it provides pain relief through structural support and by raising the skin slightly, reducing pressure on the sub-dermal pain receptors. This lifting action also allows the blood and lymph to circulate more freely, helping the healing process. It is also thought to benefit individuals with conditions such as arthritis. The tape was developed in the 1970s by Dr Kenzo Kase, a Japanese chiropractor, and has recently become more popular. It’s available in a range of colours, and we’ve all noticed brightly-striped athletes at events such as the Olympics. Kinesiology tape is used by physiotherapists and trainers, and can be applied by the wearer once they’ve been shown how to put it on correctly.
The Benefits Of Kinesiology Tape
Kinesiology tape is a stretchy and adhesive strip, which can be used to provide support and pain relief. It is a superb method of managing sports injuries and inflammation, while aiding the healing process by improving circulation. It works by mimicking the elastic qualities of the skin, meaning that it provides essential support without restricting movement or circulation. This makes it an excellent choice for professional athletes. Because it doesn’t have the rigid constraints of conventional strapping, it can be worn for longer periods. This has both practical and accumulative therapeutic benefits. Kinesiology tape can also reduce oedema and haematoma by lifting the skin from the swollen tissue, which creates a sub-dermal vacuum. This allows the sub-dermal fluid to drain away.
Epos Tape’s Original Kinesiology Tape
At Relaxus UK, we supply the Original Kinesiology Tape by Epos Tape. As well as performing the functions highlighted above, Epos Tape have made sure their product is easy and comfortable to use. The Original Kinesiology Tape:
- Is 40% elasticated
- Uses skin-friendly adhesive
- Has a waved adhesive pattern for ventilation
- Can be worn in water
- Is free from Latex
- Is made from comfortable and breathable cotton
- Comes in a choice of nine stylish colours
Epos Tape scissors ensure you get the best and cleanest cut when preparing your tape, preventing fraying and wastage. Add a pair to your sports first aid kit for quick and simple tape preparation.
How Epos Kinesiology Tape Benefits Athletes
Kinesiology tape is used by sportspeople and their physiotherapists to support injuries, speed up recovery, and improve their performance. Specific advantages of kinesiology tape over standard taping include:
- By lifting the skin, there’s space for blood and lymph to flow, assisting the healing time
- It can assist with co-ordination and movement, helping to prevent injuries
- Improves muscle contraction, and prevents over-contraction
- It can be worn for swimming, and will dry quickly following a post-sport shower
- The breathable cotton fabric prevents uncomfortable, sweaty build-up under the tape
- It is lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Epos Tape’s Kinesiology tape is durable, and can be worn for a few days at a time
- It is straightforward to apply
- It’s easy to pack in the sports bag or first aid kit
Help For Injuries And Conditions
Kinesiology tape may help with a wide range of injuries and conditions. These can include:
- Muscle weakness and low muscle tone
- Bone injuries, from shin splints to post-fracture support
- Soft tissue injuries: strains, sprains and bruising
- Systemic conditions, such as arthritis
- Swollen joints
- Proprioception (poor balance or physical feedback)
- Plantar fascia pain
Using Tape For Pain Relief
Kinesiology tape is an excellent, drug-free way of providing pain relief. The tape stimulates the sense of touch, which reaches the spinal cord before the sense of pain; and the lifting action relieves pressure on the pain receptors under the skin. Because the skin-raising action improves blood circulation, the body can get rid of lactic acid more quickly, which helps muscle recovery. The tape also provides local support, which makes returning to the track, field or court a less painful experience.
About Epos Tape
Epos Tape has a laboratory and factory in South Korea, where they test and manufacture their kinesiology tapes. Epos Tape’s goal is to make sure that athletes reach theirs.
Ask Us About Epos Kinesiology Tape
If you’d like to know more about Epos Tape and how it can be used, please contact us at Relaxus UK. We work with medical and therapeutic practitioners nationwide, helping you to help your patients.